Rockford Industrial Area Revival Project - Moderated newsgroup > Motor Drives and Controls
> Tormach pcnc 1100 3 axis cnc mill - demo model
Tormach pcnc 1100 3 axis cnc mill - demo model
Tormach pcnc 1100 3 axis cnc mill - demo model
From: Perry Mcknight
Subject Tormach pcnc 1100 3 axis cnc mill - demo model
Machine serial number 66 is one of several demonstration machines we use at our showroom and training facility. It has a few hours on it for demonstrations and videos (http:// /mfg_database.htm) but it shows no wear other than some chipped paint on the stand. The machine will include
Contact: Perrymcknight@rockford-industrial.com (Perry Mcknight)
· Deluxe Stand (PN30297: $1325)
· Two machine arms (PN30286: $530)
· Tooling tool tray (PN30555: $47)
· Computer w/ LCD Monitor (PN30282: $827)
· Video and keyboard extension cables ($34.75)
There are some minor differences between this machine and the current generation
· The Y axis way covers are not as wide as the current model. This can be modified with upgrade kit 30580 (http:// /Product_PCNC_maint.html).
· The stand is higher than the current model. The stand for this machine puts the table surface at 42" from the floor. The existing model is 37.25" from the floor. Further dimensions can be seen at http:// /document_library/D40148_MachineSize.pdf
· The coolant tank is slightly smaller. Current model is 6.5 gallons; this one is probably about 5 gallons.
· The computer is not a current Dell model.
The machine has the same specifications are our current production models. The general specifications are:
* Table Slots - 3 T-Slots 2 Drainage/Alignment slots
* Travel (X, Y, Z axis) - 18" x 9.5" x 16.25"
* Spindle Nose Diameter - 3 3/8"
* Spindle Taper - R8 with convenient spindle lock for easy single hand drawbar operation. No more dropped tools with one hand on the tool and one hand on the drawbar wrench.
* Spindle Speed Range RPM - 300-4500. Computer controlled spindle speed and direction with DC injection braking allows floating tap operations. The mill features a cartridge style spindle based on quiet and efficient V-belt transmission. There are two overlapping speed ranges. Low belt speed is 300 -1750 RPM, high belt is 800 - 4500 RPM. The variable frequency drive powers a 1.5 HP (1100 Watts) induction motor.
* Spindle safety is enhanced with a tool change safety interlock, and key switch lockout. Main spindle contactor (VFD power) is automatically disengaged when operator is changing a tool. Spindle M codes or manual spindle start will re-engage VFD power automatically after tool change is completed.
* Operator console has manual over ride for all spindle controls.
* Spindle Center to Column Face - 11"
* PC Windows Control with integrated safety & manual overrides (PC not included, Windows XP is required). Computer control is integrated with an operator control panel for spindle lockout, manual spindle controls, manual coolant control, and PC power control.
* Power requirements - 220 VAC single phase
* Maximum Weight of Workpiece - 500 lbs.
* Max spindle nose to table - 17"
* Forward opening electrical cabinet. This unique design allows service even when the machine is placed against a wall.
* NEMA 34 stepper motors on X, Y, and Z
* 15 point lubrication. Each axis has an oil distribution channel milled full length on left and right vertical and horizontal surfaces (all 4 sliding surfaces) plus an oil line plumbed directly to the ball nut assembly. That’s 5 points per axis, 15 total lubrication points.
* Precision ground ball screws in the X, Y, and Z motion. We use P4 grade, designed for precision applications with a precision specification of 0.0006" per foot. This is significantly better than the C7-C8 grade such as Rockford screws, typically used on retrofits.
* We use the double nut technique for anti-backlash ball screws. This is more expensive than the oversized ball technique, but provides for significantly longer life
* Iron castings, more than half a ton of iron.
* Slide ways are have a bonded low friction surface (PTFE filled acetal). Similar to brand name compounds such as Turcite, Rulon, and Delron AF, PTFE compounds provide low friction and long life. The dynamic coefficient of friction is the same as the static coefficient of friction, thus eliminating stiction (slip - stick) action.
* Digitizing & tool touch off port, optically isolated.
* Coolant or accessory AC outlet. The AC outlet for coolant is automatically controlled via M codes while the operator console offers a convenient manual over ride.
* PC or accessory AC outlets, manually controlled on the operator console.
* Complete RS-274 (G & M codes) implementation with unlimited program size. Conventional G&M code operations are complimented with manual mode operations, operation wizards, DXF drawing support, HPGL, bitmap, and jpeg toolpath generation. Operation wizards allow pocketing, surfacing, cutouts, drill patterns, and other standard operations to be completed without the need for addition software or manual code writing.
* Supported codes include: G00 [Default]Positioning (Rapid Traverse), G01 Linear Interpolation, G02 Circular/Helical Interpolation CW, G03 Circular/Helical Interpolation CCW, G04 00 Dwell , G17 [Default] 02 Circular Move XY Plane, G18 Circular Move ZX Plane, G19 Circular Move YZ Plane, G20 [Default] 06 Inch Input, G21 Millimeter Input, G30 [Default] Cancel Mirror Image, G31 Mirror Image X Axis, G32 Mirror Image Y Axis, G40 [Default] 07 Cancel Cutter Compensation, G41 Cutter Compensation Left, G42 Cutter Compensation Right, G53 [Default] 14 Work Offset Cancel, G54-G59 Work Offset, G68-G69 rotate coordinates, G74 Incremental Input I, J, K, G75 [Default] Absolute Input I, J, K, G80 [Default] Canned Cycle Cancel, G81 Spotting Drill Cycle, G82 Speed Peck Drill Cycle, G83 Full Retract Peck Drill Cycle, G84 User Definable, G85 Boring Cycle, G86 Boring Cycle - Spindle Stop, G87-89 User Definable, G90 [Default] 03 Absolute Input, G91 Incremental Input, G92 00 Set Program Part Zero, M00 Program Stop, M01 Optional Program Stop, M02 Program End, M03 Spindle Clockwise , M04 Spindle Counter-clockwise, M05 Spindle Off, , M07, M08 Coolant, M09 All Coolant Off
* Modular Design, Open Architecture
* All replacement components stocked in Wisconsin.
* 167 page operators manual.
For more information, visit /document_library/DS30204_PCNC1100.pdf